SAY ‘NO’ TO SLS & PARABEN
Since long time we all are using soaps and shampoos form a lather but it is doubtlessly a misconception that only lather is responsible for cleaning skin or hair. In truth, the chemical that is mostly used to help get this lather is called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or SLS and is considered a highly toxic chemical.
SLS is easily available in the market and effective replacement for natural ingredients , which means shampoo/ soaps manufacturers can increase their profit margin on their products. SLS give off the false pretense of a better clean due to their foaming properties but actually they are very harmful.
The best way to cut down on these chemicals is to learn more about them, how they affect our skin and which types of products your most likely to find them in.
WHAT ARE SULFATES
In hair care and skin care products, the most common chemical which are used are sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), ALS (ammonium laureth sulfate), They make the shampoo lathery , and help your hair look all foamy when using these shampoo. They give the illusion that the shampoo is doing its job perfectly.
apart from acting as a foaming agent, these chemicals also irritate the skin through stripping your scalp of its natural oils. That can cause the scalp to lose its natural oils completely, leaving it flakey and dry.
HOW SULFATES HARM YOU
The exact effects of the chemical on your skin are quite shocking. SLS has “a degenerative effect on the cell membranes because of its protein denaturing properties”. which means that it breaks down the skin cells and slows down mitosis without which skin fails to replenish itself. It is responsible for reducing the protective oils from skin that keep your skin hydrated and encourage the formation of dandruff.
BENEFITS OF SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO
1. moisture retention: shampoos with sulfate strip away the moisture from hair fibers. But sulfate free shampoos help retain the moisture in hair. Moisture is required in hair to prevent problems such as split ends and breakage.
2. natural oils retention: One of the major roles of natural shampoo is to clean hair while maintaining its natural shine. And this is possible only when natural oils are preserved in the locks. Sulfate free shampoo washes the hair without removing essentials oils from them.
3. Hair color Retention: Using a good organic shampoo will extend the lifeline of your hair color. This will also prevent you from frequently dyeing your hair.
4. Environment friendly : SLS & Paraben free shampoos and conditioners are safe for environment.
5. Best for sensitive scalp: Sulfate free shampoos are best alternative for those with sensitive skin.
6. Benefits of natural Nutrients: Sulfate free Shampoos are specially formulated for specific hair care concerns including Dandruff free hair, premature graying, hair fall control, stimulate Hair growth with natural fresh herbs including hibiscus flower fusion, Bhringraj oil, nutrients rich Rosemary oil, vegetable source Soy Protein, Pure Hemp seed oil which penetrates the skin and is far less sticky than other vegetable oils, Fenugreek seed oil a potent hair potion, Devine Basil (Tulsi) oil, Sri Lankan Cinnamon (Dalchini), Raw Honey and Clove oil an excellent hair conditioner.
Varients in sulphate free shampoo
Hibiscus shampoo for Dry and Damaged Hair
Hemp seed oil shampoo for Hair Fall
Fenugreek Anti Dandruff shampoo
Rosemary Bhringraj Hiar Growth shampoo
Soy protein shampoo
7.Suitable for every hair type: herbal shampoo are appropriate to use on all types of hair including curly, straight or color-treated.
Comments are closed